There’s no shortage of recreational activities near Keswick Landing! If you enjoy a lifestyle that includes staying healthy, having fun, and taking in the amenities in your area, you’re in luck! Keswick Landing’s parks and recreation options are abundant. We’ve pulled together some of our favourites, and everything listed below is within 12 minutes of Keswick Landing. Start the car!
I want to…play golf
You’ve come to the right place! With one private and two public golf courses all within 7 minutes of Keswick Landing, you’ll be shedding strokes in no time.
- Windermere Golf & Country Club is a private course hugging the banks of the North Saskatchewan River. Often regarded as one of the finest private facilities in Alberta, don’t be surprised if you end up feeling like you’re next in line to wear the green jacket.
- River Ridge is a public golf course a mere 7 minutes away from Keswick Landing. After your round, make sure to stop for refreshments in the clubhouse, where you’ll have a bird’s eye view of the gorgeous River Valley.
- Jagare Ridge is a public course just a few minutes down Ellerslie Road in the Whitemud Creek valley. Here you’ll find a picturesque natural wildlife environment and a course with challenges for all levels of golfers.
If you’re just looking to practice your swing, stop by Bogie Busters driving range on Ellerslie Road and grab a bucket.
I want to…go swimming
The Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre has a feature-filled salt-water pool with something for all ages. Grab your suit and enjoy:
- A 50 metre pool with 8 lanes, diving boards, and a 5 metre diving platform
- Leisure and wave pool with spray features
- Tots pool with ramp access
- Lazy river with jets and current
- 40 degrees Celsius Whirlpool
- 2-storey waterslide, and
- Steam room to ease those tired muscles.
I want to…visit a playground or park
Whether it’s kiddos or four-legged friends that need to burn some energy, there are awesome (or pawsome!) options for parks near Keswick Landing.
- South Terwillegar Park – Not only does this park have an amazing playground, but it’s also connected to a spray park – a free, drop-in water area – which is the perfect place to beat the heat while you splash and play all day.
- Terwillegar Park – an extensive trail system and second-to-none off-leash dog area make this spot a favourite destination. The new footbridge also connects you the Oleskiw River Valley Park for endless trail blazing.
- Weather isn’t cooperating? No worries! The Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre features an indoor playground with a 2-storey play structure for kids aged 0-12 years.
- Keswick Landing (Phase 2) – of course you don’t have to go far to find some green space! Our phase 2 park site…
I want to…enjoy indoor sports & activities
You’ll find a variety of sports programing and activities at the Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre, including,
- Hockey (with 4 NHL-sized ice sheets)
- Table Tennis
- Personal Training in the fitness centre
- Exercise classes like yoga, spin, mom and baby, and pilates
- Open gym (basketball, anyone?)
- Kids programming, and
- Active Older Adult programming.
I want to…get outside during winter
Start filling your thermos with hot chocolate! The Greater Windermere Community League, which Keswick Landing is a member of, constructs a snow bank rink for skating fun in the wintertime. The previous location of the rink has been in Langdale, just 4 minutes away from Keswick Landing.
With all of these Keswick Landing parks and recreation options you’ll have your bases covered (see what we did there?) The only tough part is choosing what to do first!
Here’s to having fun!